Skip to main content

Introduction

 Hello! My name is Naisha Lalwani. I was born in Hong Kong and lived there for 12 years before moving to Dubai. I lived in Dubai for 6 years and went to high school there. I have friends all over the world. I'm an international student studying at the University of Tampa as a Graphic Design major with three minors; New Media, Digital Media, and Interactive Media. I like to read books, draw, read fiction books, cook, and travel around the world. My favourite place to travel is Japan because my grandparents live there, and I really enjoy the culture. I am fluent in English, conversational in Japanese, and somewhat know 5 other languages. 

I am excited about the FMX210 Digital Media class as I like to work with computers and it is beneficial to understand Photoshop, illustrator, and other Adobe software to be useful in my career path. I expect this class to be interesting and to teach me different skills every week. I think since I have prior knowledge in some software it will be fun to experiment with different tools and do the projects. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Business Cards

 Sketches: Final Product: 1) 2) 3)  Artist Statement: For my business cards, I used the colours of my three different logo variations as my colour scheme. I played around with a lot of different layouts but I chose these three. I took different ideas from my sketches to create these because I did not like how they turned out and merged them into what the final business cards looked like. I mainly centered the logos for each front page and used the back for all the information. I chose a handwritten font to pair with my logo so that it had a fancy feel. I used glyphs to create the tiny icons of a phone, house, and email, which helped me omit the words "Contact Information" and make my cards look professional. I think my favourite front cover layout is the first one and my favourite back design layout is the last one.

Portfolio

Artist Statement: I tried my best to keep my portfolio as neat looking as possible and kept a colour scheme that is easy on the eyes; black, white and red. For the front and back cover I used pictures of Japan as they are aesthetically pleasing and related to me. I tried my best to separate my work and make it as big as possible so that it is able to be seen. I kept the artist statement/most of my text on separate pages. I made sure to organize the layout properly so that the texts weren't next to each other and made sure it was kept in order of when we did each assignment. My favourite page is the logo page where I formatted it to look like a professional brand guideline page and it took me very long to lay it out the way I wanted it to. If I had more time, I would try out some different fonts and make some pages more interesting, but overall I am very proud of what I made.

Self Portrait Poster

Final Image of my Poster: Self Portrait: Selfie Inspiration: Propaganda Inspiration: \ Artist Statement: In this piece of work, I wanted to take a stand against racism using my graphic design skills to create a propaganda poster. As a person of colour in America, and as a victim of hate-crime in this country, I wanted to explain my feelings through my use of colour and representation of myself in the poster. I chose the colours red, greyscale and yellow to somewhat take inspiration from the constructivism art movement. I chose yellow to represent the tape and typography banners because I wanted it to give the effect of a crime scene.  In Illustrator, I created my self-portrait using the pen tool and shading with different colours. I did not want to include too many colours in my poster so I exported my portrait into Photoshop and applied a black and white filter as well as changed the brightness and contrast of my image to make it greyscale but not muted looking. Then, I took that ima